Last year Leah-Victoria (LV) and I did a pink photoshoot in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. We decided to make this a tradition. I know it’s Oct 31st, but better late than never right?… Lol.This year we went with a more casual approach and wore capes made by lV’s mama. It was so last minute that most of these pics were taken with a phone.
I promise to do better next year. To view the pictures from last year, click here. Hope you guys enjoy!!
- One woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the US.
- In the US, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- About 95% of all breast cancers in the US occur in women 40 and older.
- Getting a mammogram can help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer by 30 to 40% among women ages 40 to 70.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- In the US today, there are more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors — the largest group of all cancer survivors.
- Men can also have breast cancer.
Photographed by Tulux Photography.