I’m so thrilled to be partnering with Clairol for their new breakthrough Nice ’n Easy. It lets you color fearlessly, unlocking your confidence to take control of your color. I have to admit, I was really nervous about doing a permanent dye because of my past experiences with other brands. Dyeing my hair usually leads to hair damage almost immediately, not to mention all the time it requires if you get it done at the salon, but that has not been the case with Clairol Nice ’n Easy. After trying this dye, I overcame my perceptions about at home-coloring and the allergy-gentle formula also calmed my fears of having a reaction to the dye. It is very easy to use and the entire process took a fraction of the time (AND cost) it would at a salon. For a girl who visits the salon roughly four times yearly spending around $200 depending on what I want done to my hair I was excited to try Nice ’n Easy hair dye in the comfort of my home.
Nice ‘n Easy has tons of options when it comes to choosing a color – 54 natural shades! I went with color 4W- dark mocha brown. This color is just a few shades darker than my natural hair color. I wanted a color that would refresh my look. Based on past experience with hair coloring, I was worried my hair might be dry after the dye but it wasn’t; it felt softer, fuller AND healthier.Unlike the typical at-home dyes, Clairol Nice ‘n Easy doesn’t drip. Thank Heaven, I was left with no marks on my forehead! Also, for all my natural queens, if you’re like me and don’t like adding chemicals to your hair, you don’t have to worry about losing your beautiful curl patterns.
Clairol Nice ‘n Easy is available on Target.com, and retails for $7.99 .
Let me tell you how the process works!
- Shampoo hair 24-48 hours prior to dyeing and leave hair out and oil free. This helps with
scalp irritation and maintaining scalp’s natural oils.
- Perform an allergy test by mixing up a small batch of bottles one (color) and two (activator) and apply about a teaspoon on the inside of your arm. Wait 48 hours, if you don’t see any redness or irritation, you’re good to go!
- Hair must be dry and free of product build up.
Your kit will come with color, activator, conditioner and gloves.Dyeing Process.
- Wear gloves.
- Add bottle one (color) to bottle two (activator).
- Replace applicator lid.
- Put gloved finger over hole and shake well until color has blended.
- Time to color!
- Section hair into 4 – tip of nose to the back of your head and ear to ear.
- Wrap sections up and hold with clips and work on individual sections. When done with the first section, clip back and repeat for all 3 sections.
- Start with your roots and work your way around the rest of your hair. Utilize the application tip to help part hair into small sections.
- Set timer for 25 minutes.
- Rinse out color until water runs clear.
- Apply conditioner, leave on for about 2 minutes then completely rinse out. Save the conditioner and use once a week for about 6 weeks.
Voilà now you can go unlock the confidence that comes with beautiful color, without the hassle or cost of going to a salon.
This blog was sponsored by Clairol. All opinions are my own.
*Although the risk of developing new allergy is reduced, there remains a risk of allergic reaction that can be severe. Colorers must always perform an Allergy Alert Test 48 hours before each application. If a colorer has had an adverse reaction to hair color previously they must consult a dermatologist before using any hair color product.
Thanks for reading!