Motherhood in 2019 has taught me about embracing imperfections.
- Children have a way of humbling you, Ire tries me on a daily basis . There are times when I would text Olu at work saying “hurry home because I need to clock out of my shift.”
- I’ve come to realize that if toys aren’t put away, dirty dishes are left in the sink (which I HATE), laundry is still in the basket two weeks later it is OKAY.
- There are times that I still doubt my parenting skills. Am I a bad mom by letting her get away with this or should I discipline her 🤷🏾♀️
- There are things that I still don’t have answers for but whats important to me is that I’m giving it my all and at the end of the day that’s all that matters.
- Having a supportive father/ husband (shout-out to @) and a healthy/ happy baby is more important than some chores that can wait until the next day.
I wouldn’t trade this for anything in the world. The role of a mother is never ending, it is the most rewarding. I’ve learned to givE myself grace and I hope Ire will remember me as a mom who may not be perfect but always present and always patient
Tags : Baltimore Lifestyle Fashion BloggerBest DC Fashion Bloggerblack momfeaturedFive Things I learned about motherhood in 2019Natural HairNatural Hair bloggerNifesimi Akingbetoddler