The temperature has fallen in Maryland and it officially feels like winter. There are many days where all I want to do is be cuddled up in bed with Ire and Olu while watching one of my favorite shows and drinking hot chocolate. If you’re a hot chocolate lover like myself and not always in the mood to run to the store while craving it, I’m sharing my favorite way to make homemade chocolate on today’s blog post. It’s very simple and should take you less than 10 minutes, enjoy!!
- coco powder
- chocolate chips
- vinilla extract
- almond milk
- whipped cream
- add milk to saucepan and put stove on low heat. You can substitute water with milk but I’ve discovered that milk makes it sweater, extra creamy and thicker.
- add cocoa powder and sugar, and bring to a boil
- add chocolate chips, whisking until it melts
- add vanilla extract and stir
- serve and garnish with whatever you desire ex. marshmallows, caramel whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, chopped chocolate or candy canes etc.